The new fiscal year began May 1 and it's time for members to renew their memberships. Click here for the membership application and to send in dues.
Check out the calendar for the latest details on activities and trips.
- Bowling on Wednesday nights! Join the Ski Club for Summer Bowling on Wednesday nights May 14 to July 30 at the AMF Sheridan Lanes, 3121 S. Sheridan Road in Tulsa. Come SPARE us your time and join us to STRIKE up some fun. Members and non-members of the Tulsa Ski Club are welcome. $12 per week for three games beginning at 7 pm. Four-person teams of any combination of men and women. Those interested may create their own team or be assigned to a team. Must be 18 years or older by May 14, 2014. To sign up or for more information contact Sherry Mitchell, Bowling Secretary, 918-237-2713, or Scott Burns, Bowling President, 918-740-4535.
- June 19 - Skiers Night Out (SNO) at Jameson's Pub, 91st and Yale. 5:30 to 7:30 pm. For details contact the hospitality chair Jay Menger.
- July 3-5 - Moudry family bayou float trip. George and Gwen Moudry are hosting a kayak / canoe trip to Louisiana bayous from Breaux Bridge (near Lafayette). This can be offered to TSC members as a “Moudry family” trip not sanctioned by TSC. The group size is limited to 18 people, and four are already signed up. We will arrive (you can carpool) in Breaux Bridge on Thursday, July 3, stay in a motel ( George can recommend a reasonable place at about $65/room). On Friday, July 4 we will meet our guide Cory and take off for the beautiful Lake Martin. We will paddle the swamps of the beautiful Atchafalaya Basin: tupelo and cypress trees, water lilies, alligators, water birds, flowers, Spanish moss, giant dragonflies and the dreaded Japanese hyacinth galore! Our guide Cory will provide narrative, as well as transportation of kayaks and canoes to and from the put-in / take-out sites; we will use our own cars to get there and back. Friday, July 5 in the morning we will have breakfast at Café Des Amis – you do not want to miss this cultural experience with Zydeco music ad all. After breakfast, we will take another trip to either Bayou Tech or other bayous as agreed. Whoever would like to stay another day to paddle different bayou, Cory can accommodate them. Cory also mentioned a moonlight paddle thru the swamps, maybe on Sunday night? Prices include rental of boats and Cory’s transportation of boats to and from the put-in /take-out site. $35 per person per day, for single (sit on top ) kayak $25 per person per day for double (sit-on top) kayak or for a 2 person canoe. Cory will calculate the discount for those who will bring their own boat –(depending on the number) let me know who want to bring their own boats. I am also contacting other clubs, so first responders will get their reservation. RSVP George Moudry if you are interested: name and phone number. George will forward the details of the trip, including directions, etc. to all who will sign up. He will need a $50 deposit by May 10 to make reservations. If you never paddled the bayous and the gorgeous swamps of the southeast, this must move right up on your bucket list!
- July 8- General meeting at Akdar Shrine Center, 28th and Sheridan. Social at 7 pm, meeting. $2 burgers and chips; $2 hot dogs and chips; $2 beer.
- July 17 - Skiers Night Out (SNO). Skiers Night Out (SNO) at Carino's, 41st and Sheridan. Thursday, July 17th, 5:30 til 7:30 pm 6364 E. 41st Street (Southeast corner of 41st & Sheridan). Happy Hour ~ $1.29 Domestic Draft Beer (Bud, Coors, Michelob, Blue Moon & Boulevard) And, terrific Mini-appetizers for $3.29 (Italian nachos, stuffed mushrooms, calamari, Sicilian firesticks, bruschetta & fried mozzarella). Wonderful 'Old World' decor and atmosphere! For details contact the hospitality chair Jay Menger.
- July 19 - Lake party at Ft. Gibson for members and guests. BYOB and potluck lunch at the reserved shelter. Boat rides and games. Overnight camping will be available. Details are included in the July newsletter.