In addition to trips, the Tulsa Ski Club has year-round events including bowling, canoeing, parties, and more. Please check back often for updated details and join us!
- April 5 - Murder mystery outing in Guthrie
- April 8 - General meeting at Akdar Shrine Center, 28th and Sheridan. Social at 7 pm, meeting
- April 17 - Skiers Night Out (SNO) - Tres Amigos Mexican Grill - 8144 S. Lewis, 5:30 to 7:30 pm. Our April SNO will have a "south of the border" flavor loaded with really good deals for you to enjoy . . . 99-cent domestic beers, $3.50 margaritas, and $6 specials on the appetizer list from quesadillas and nachos to ribs (Mexican style). And they have a great menu of Tex-Mex dinners for those who can't resist! The restaurant is located in the very large shopping center at 81st and Lewis. There's a great outdoor patio so, if you bring your motorcycle, you can sit and look at it while you imbibe. Mark your calendar and don't miss the April SNO. You're always welcome to bring a guest.
- April 22 - Board meeting
- May 9-11 - Summer float trip.
- May 13 - General meeting at Akdar Shrine Center, 28th and Sheridan. Social at 7 pm, meeting
- Bowling! Join the Ski Club for Summer Bowling on Wednesday nights May 14 to July 30 at the AMF Sheridan Lanes, 3121 S. Sheridan Road in Tulsa. Come SPARE us your time and join us to STRIKE up some fun. Members and non-members of the Tulsa Ski Club are welcome. $12 per week for three games beginning at 7 pm. Four-person teams of any combination of men and women. Those interested may create their own team or be assigned to a team. Must be 18 years or older by May 14, 2014. To sign up or for more information contact Sherry Mitchell, Bowling Secretary, 918-237-2713, or Scott Burns, Bowling President, 918-740-4535.
- June 10 - General meeting at Akdar Shrine Center, 28th and Sheridan. Social at 7 pm, meeting
- July 3-5 - Moudry family bayou float trip. George and Gwen Moudry are hosting a kayak / canoe trip to Louisiana bayous from Breaux Bridge (near Lafayette). This can be offered to TSC members as a “Moudry family” trip not sanctioned by TSC. The group size is limited to 18 people, and four are already signed up. We will arrive (you can carpool) in Breaux Bridge on Thursday, July 3, stay in a motel ( George can recommend a reasonable place at about $65/room). On Friday, July 4 we will meet our guide Cory and take off for the beautiful Lake Martin. We will paddle the swamps of the beautiful Atchafalaya Basin: tupelo and cypress trees, water lilies, alligators, water birds, flowers, Spanish moss, giant dragonflies and the dreaded Japanese hyacinth galore! Our guide Cory will provide narrative, as well as transportation of kayaks and canoes to and from the put-in / take-out sites; we will use our own cars to get there and back. Friday, July 5 in the morning we will have breakfast at Café Des Amis – you do not want to miss this cultural experience with Zydeco music ad all. After breakfast, we will take another trip to either Bayou Tech or other bayous as agreed. Whoever would like to stay another day to paddle different bayou, Cory can accommodate them. Cory also mentioned a moonlight paddle thru the swamps, maybe on Sunday night? Prices include rental of boats and Cory’s transportation of boats to and from the put-in /take-out site. $35 per person per day, for single (sit on top ) kayak $25 per person per day for double (sit-on top) kayak or for a 2 person canoe. Cory will calculate the discount for those who will bring their own boat –(depending on the number) let me know who want to bring their own boats. I am also contacting other clubs, so first responders will get their reservation. RSVP George Moudry if you are interested: name & phone #. I will forward the details of the trip, including directions, etc. to all who will sign up. I will need a $50 deposit by May 10, so I can make reservations. If you never paddled the bayous and the gorgeous swamps of the southeast, this must move right up on your bucket list!
- July 8- General meeting at Akdar Shrine Center, 28th and Sheridan. Social at 7 pm, meeting
- July 19 - lake party at Ft. Gibson for members and guests. BYOB and potluck lunch at the reserved shelter. Boat rides and games. Overnight camping will be available. More details to follow.